In cooperation with teachers, students and parents/guardians, the following guidelines shall apply to all regular school activities:
1. Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed. Aerosol cans of hair color are not permitted at school. No spray-on color that would drip when wet is allowed at school.
2. Shoes must be worn at all times. For safety purposes, sandals should be held in place with a heel strap. Wheelie shoes (shoes with wheels) are not permitted.
3. Clothing and jewelry shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice or the use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
4. All clothing shall be within the bounds of decency and good taste as appropriate for school. Garments shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times.
Dress length shall be within the bounds of decency and good taste and no shorter than mid-thigh, (5 inches between the knee and the hem of the garment). No bare midriffs, low-cut or revealing tops, off-the-shoulder blouses, tube tops, or halter-tops.
No garment may be worn that is cut off, ragged or torn.
No “see-through” or “fish-net” type of blouse or shirt may be worn. Boys must wear shirts at all times.
WEARING OF SHORTS
Students will be allowed to wear Bermuda shorts, walking shorts or shorts within the following guidelines:
1. Shorts must be hemmed and appropriate for school activities.
2. The length of the shorts must be within the bounds of decency and in good taste as appropriate for school. Short shorts are absolutely not to be worn at school. Shorts and skirt minimum length is 5 inches between the knee and the hem of the garment. A 3x5 index card will be used for measurement.
The principal, staff, students and parents/guardians at each school may establish reasonable dress and grooming regulations for times when students are engaged in extracurricular or other special school activities.